Aircraft Ground Support Equipment Compartment Stand
Waag's towable 90 inch luggage compartment stand is perfect for access to cargo door controls on B-747 and other wide body aircraft. Waag GSE is built to withstand the day to day abuse common on the tarmac. The heavy duty steel construction, long lasting finish and ample cross bracing ensure that our GSE luggage compartment platform is engineered to survive years of airport use and abuse. The 90 inch compartment stand is equipped with large wheels, heavy duty axles and heavy duty KPL swivel wheels for ease of maneuverability. Once in place, its easy to lock down thanks to single action plunge brakes which lock in place with just a single pull. Wide, grip strut O.S.H.A. compliant stairs with signature baked on safety yellow leading edge help to minimize the risk of support crew slippage. All of our ground support equipment comes in high visibility powder coat orange with a second coat of U.V. resistant clear with many other colors available on request.
TOWABLE 90" COMPARTMENT ACCESS STAIR - PART #20104
- Deck: 90" high x 36" wide x 20" deep.
- Overall footprint: 120" long x 56" wide x 131" overall height.
- Steps: 36" wide x 9.5" deep.
- Great for access to cargo door controls on B-747 and other wide body aircraft. Also serves as a marshaling stand and other purposes.
- O.S.H.A. compliant forward assent and descent stair.
- Heavy duty steel construction. More than ample cross bracing for durability and long service life.
- Hand rails: Signature design of heavy wall 1.5" round steel tubing mounted to stair rail in two places at lower end. This design avoids potential damage and creates a very sturdy unit both in up and down and side to side action.
- Heavy duty tow bar.
- Single action plunge brakes. Just pull back on a lever and the GSE stand is locked in place.
- Main wheels: 2 - 16" x 4" Solid rubber main wheels feature heavy-duty axles and hubs.
- Steps: Galvanized steel grip strut (saw tooth design)** with signature baked on safety yellow leading edge.
- Finish: Powder coated with WAAG high visibility orange (other colors on request) and a second powder coat of U.V. resistant clear.
- Shipping: Stair is shipped with handrails off and zip tied to the side. Total shipping weight is 885 lbs. F.O.B. WAAG, Van Nuys, CA.
- Accessories and customizable features available:
- Standard - Galvanized steel grip strut saw tooth design
- Optional - Traction tread design for passenger access
- Optional – Special padded handrails for aircraft protection against handrail while using the stand at an opposite direction.
- *Any size stand can be made to order.
- **Other step designs in galvanized steel and aluminum are available.
Made in the U.S.A. by WAAG